Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Intuit - Great Place to Work - Chapter 200

Ok, so after my crazy day yesterday, see previous post I am having a pretty relaxing day today.

Our Site leader sent an email out to the site yesterday alerting them that we are #22 on the Globe 100 Top Places to work. At 5:22 am our CEO sent an email congratulating us. My HR Leader sent an email last night "YEAH WALTHAM", and he forwarded it to his peers in HR. I just got the latest, "Congratulations Sally!".

Awards like this are to be celebrated, from all levels of the organization, but at Intuit it feels so genuine. It is not just going through the motions. Even in the craziest of times we stop and recognize and celebrate, and we mean it.

Don't get me wrong, I have had to deal with a few messy situations today as well, but somehow when there is genuine recognition and support it makes the messy ones easier.

I am going to have a very hard time ever leaving here, unless I can find the same kind of environment.

Yes, we are a great place to work, and need to step back occasionally and bask in the recognition.

No comments: