Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Forced to blog again about air travel



OK finally boarded and after de-boarded and after de-icing we will be taking off. I just want you to know, and yes I am whining, that my flight was the only one delayed, THIS MORNING. Not the same as last night however.

I want to give a shout out to Jetblue customer service who have been patient, courteous, informative (there is a new adjective) and calm.

I took a picture with their permission of Anthony and Randell (BTW he is 6' 11") in Boston. After a 2.5 hour delay they still had their sense of humor when they said "I am sorry that you now have to board."

They brought up snacks for the two + hour delay. This was more food than you get from United and American on a cross country flight.

The biggest asset was that they gave us information when they had it. Most airlines keep this close to the vest and don't want to share why the delay, how long before there is an update, how real is the new time etc.

The prologue to this post is that we took off after being delayed and de-iced, had a realatively smooth flight AND then we circled SFO for about 20 minutes. Because we were low on fuel, we then were diverted to San Jose to refuel and come back to SFO. Ureka, I deplaned at San Jose, called my new best friends at Corporate Travel, got my Hertz rental switched to San Jose, and gave a colleague a ride to the office. San Jose is easily half the drive to Mountain View so all is good.



No comments: