Thursday, January 14, 2010

Left my F at home



I have been meaning to write this for a while now. The impetus at this point is that I am cleaning out and am about to throw out a treasure that I have been lugging around since I received this in the mid 1990s.

The person who gave this was a plant manager who I supported. We had done MBTI training with the entire group and we regularly had conversations around type.

It was a particularly bad time since we were doing layoffs. I dealt with my feelings of awfulness about lay offs privately and I then showed up pretty cold and calloused when we discussed people to be laid off.

The expression we used was "I left my 'F' at home".

So, when I left that group she gave me this train that had both ENFP and ENTP so I could switch them out when I left my F at home.

My current boss recently gave me feedback to show more of my F. Really?????

Have I gone so far over to managing my F? That I show up mostly as a T?

Maybe I should rethink throwing my train away but I figured blogging it and a picture are enough memory.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: