Monday, January 18, 2010

Sweatshirts are "comfort" food for me

As regular readers are aware I am in a cleansing mode lately. I still have the train from my prior post but today I am cleaning out closets. I did recycle via Salvation Army, a few sweatshirts and I kept a few as well.

I kept my very worn Middlebury one, the one I bought from Bermuda when I met Murg, the one Judy and I bought and wore together NewYear's Eve 1986 and one I bought from UVM, the day Crick graduated.

Obviously I keep ones that are sentimental to me. Today as I dressed to go clear snow off of cars I grabbed the Midd one for warmth and comfort.

I have a very early memory of Mom sitting talking on the phone with Aunty Pat dressed in a warm worn sweatshirt. When I put one on I always think of that image and slightly smile.

Sweatshirts, worn ones are comfort for the soul!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: