Tuesday, September 10, 2013

But, I want it all

As Apple is releasing their new iphone and ipad today I am very confused. I was an early adopter so I have an iphone and ipad which are first generation. I am also a frugal yankee, so unless something is broken, I do not feel as if I should buy the newer model, and I could NEVER buy two things.

Recently, as I continue to adopt technology, I have been meeting with people on a video call. Neither of my old pieces of technology allow the video call. I can participate on my old and ipad with audio but not video.

Concurrent to this, I have been contemplating a new laptop and it WILL be an Apple product. I am eyeing the Mac Air. There are only a few things I still need a laptop for, but when I need it, I need it badly. Examples are emails older than my ipad will store, marking spam in my email inbox, typing long documents, some apps on the ipad have less functionality, tagging posts in my blog, etc.

So ideally, I want a new Iphone, Ipad and Mac Air. Santa? Can you hear me now? The frugal Sally steps forward and starts a pro and con list and a limitation of only buying one piece of hardware. I usually end up with the Mac Air as my choice.

Help me friends. What should I buy?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Buy the Mac Air. If you need a more advanced iPhone, buy a recent version, just not the newest version. They are much cheaper and will do more than your first generation iPhone does now. That is, unless Santa brings it all to you!!!

susanb said...

Yes, your iphone and ipad aren't broken, but they aren't functioning correctly either (can't do video calls). You can always donate your old ipad to someone deserving, like me! :)