Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Thinking of Writing a Book

I have thought a lot about writing a book lately. What would I write about though?

I can definitely write about my experiences coaching leaders in corporations. This would be the most obvious and logical idea. I have helped 100s of people be better leaders of their people and I have some skill/magic in that arena.

I could also write a book about the experience within First Parish of making quilted jackets. A warm and fuzzy community building book.

I could write a book about women in corporations, and taking their place among men. The foundation of this is a father who told me to get out and beat the boys at anything, because I could, and I did until they were a foot taller than me.

Th possibilities are endless, so I need to narrow down to one option. Maybe I will continue to write more frequently on my blog until an idea surfaces. In fact, content for the book is already in this blog somewhere.

This is such a different world in terms of technology. I am already writing, this blog as an example. I just need to keep writing here, tag them appropriately and then collect, edit and electronically publish the synthesized results.

Wait, if you got this far you are reading a chapter of my "book".

My thoughts have already changed just by putting them down here. Thanks for reading!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

George Russell said...

Go for it! Why not addresses the idea that there is more that unites than divides. Use your own examples including competing with your brothers as equals. Extend the idea into your spirituality and coaching.

It is important to understand differences between and among people, but it is more important to find and appreciate the universal values and motives.

You've always been good at that.

Your big and loving brother who has known you all your life.