Thursday, April 16, 2009

Don't ask me why, I just do

I am often an early adopter of stuff, technology and otherwise. I see cool good looking stuff and it becomes popular or a fad.

Facebook was not the case, I got an account because I wondered what it was all about but now I am pretty addicted. I am about to be in the largest growing demographics of Facebook users, women over 55. I am 55 sooooon.

Twitter is an example of "don't ask me why, I just do." I would not continue to use Twitter or Facebook or blog, unless I found some use for them. I don't login into Linkedin or Eons or Plaxo or Flickr or Picasa etc as often as I do YahooMail, Facebook, Twitter and then our internal to Intuit Yammer. That is the order that I check them in the morning.

Here is a pretty good link about using twitter which includes another link about what 5 things to do as soon as you sign up for twitter.

Facebook, I hear what is up with people. I have stopped for the most part taking those stupid 5 things and quizzes, although I do get tempted when I see a friend's results. I do have these blog feeds, automatically updates my notes in Facebook, so some of you have the opportunity to see this twice, as if anyone would do that.

Twitter, I learn what people are up to and often what they are reading or watching that is interesting, and in quick soundbites that I can digest quickly.

Yahoo, obvious, this is my primary email, although Facebook could easily take over if all my contacts were on Facebook.

Yammer, to find out what is out inside Intuit. How did our tax season do? What is happening at CTOF (Create the Offering Forum) who is complaining about our IT department AGAIN.

So, just like meetings, I won't continue to go to these places if there is not some value for me.

No comments: