Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Yoga and sermons

Yoga keeps being a topic for me. After getting a tweet from A, a minister friend in the UK, his sermon got me thinking about happiness. His tweet was "Can you get ecstatic? Even for a moment?". I realized during yoga today that during yoga for split seconds I am ecstatic. The feeling of a muscle giving way or twinging, or the releasing of my sinuses in downward dog position.

Then today, as our help desk person walked by whistling I commented to him "You seem to always be happy, How wonderful is that?" The gist of what he replied is, that he hopes some of his positive energy rubs off onto others, if they want it.

I don't mean I should mask my less than positive energies or feelings. Too many years spent doing that

I just want to be on the lookout for those possible feelings of ecstasy and thanks to yoga and A's sermon, I am.

No comments: