Tuesday, March 3, 2009

When the student is ready, the teacher appears

"How beautiful it is to do nothing,and then to rest afterward."-- Spanish Proverb

Just now on twitter, I read this quote. This was exactly what I was thinking about in yoga this morning. The hardest part of yoga for me is the meditative, restful part at the beginning and the end. Often, I will sneak out with 5 minutes to go, and miss the restful part. Today, I found myself at the beginning, during the initial part of the practice, just lying there, saying "OK, when are we going to start moving?"

My growing edge is to do nothing, say nothing and just be. For you followers of my blog, I don't need any feedback just yet on this. I will let you know.

This quote says it all for me. DO NOTHING and THEN REST. HUH? Ok, I obviously have not internalized this just yet. Intellectually, I understand it. Maybe if I spend more time "doing nothing", I will get it! Don't know, coz I have not practiced that very much.

No comments: