Monday, April 7, 2008

Choices - darn

So not often do I have 3 things that I really really really want to do. This Friday night is that situation.

Our Youth are giving an informal service at church on their NOLA experience, my friend Cammy has a poetry reading and I am traveling to Amherst to catch up with my old friend Beth. It is such a hard decision, and of course my natual inclination is to fit all 3 in, or at least 2.

I must be getting older because I am going to limit myself to one, I am traveling to Amherst.

Bethany has a surprise for me on Saturday and I am staying with Beth for the weekend. I have not seen her since Bethany was 2 or 3. Her son is the one who fell asleep in his dinner plate one night at Okemo on his second birthday.

That was the night that we were in paper thin walls, Bethany would not go to sleep so at 2:15am in the snow I was driving around Ludlow VT, to try to get her to sleep. That was also the night that Rod threw the bottle at me, and again, both of these are stories for another time

Friday night my heart will be with Cammy and the youth and I will be on the way to Beth's house.

BTW - Webs in Northampton is definitely on the agenda for this weekend, and Sunday is horse stuff, including watching Bethany in a jumping lesson

1 comment:

Rodney said...

I was a baby bottle and it was NOT deliberate.

It WAS thrown in frustration with a screaming baby who would not sleep and was crying because she was too tired.