Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So cool to be in sync

Yesterday I was driving home and George called to check in to see whadsup with dinner plans. It was his birthday, he and Judy are in town and we were going out for a birthday dinner.

I had made a reservation just 5 minutes before for dinner and while on the phone he asked "What is up?"

"Not to worry, I just made a reservation." But being the ENFP that I am I did not give him the details of the restaurant, although I had described the place a few days before to him as a Belgian chef.

I heard his voice drop on the phone, and on his birthday and I felt bad but did not know why his voice had dropped.

When I got home 5 minutes later, he asked "Where are we going for dinner"

When I said Scutra, he jumped for joy. Unbeknownst to me, he had been searching on Zagat's for a restaturant within 5 miles of us, and he had found Scutra, and was just about the make reservations as well. His bottom lip only had to quiver for only a few minutes on his birthday.


It was just so cool to be in sync with him and Judy and to spend his 55th birthda with him. He had Judy have lived out of the country for 8 of the last 10 years, and we didn't get to spend many birthdays with them, but that is all changing as we all "converge on Vermont" as my lovely daughter says.


BTW his gift was a Mary Oliver book of poems with Wild Geese in it because that is my favorite poem. And try to get to Scutra. The food is wonderful, the ambiance is wonderful and the parking is challenging unless you have a Mini Cooper.

No comments: