Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mindfulness interrupted

Today at yoga, I kicked over my cup of water. Learning - slide the cover over the opening . . .

However, for me is was a test in mindfulness. I peeked and found the paper towel dispenser in the room, thought of getting up to get some but it is one of those that has a motor. Not wanting the motor to disrupt the others, I looked at the puddle. Not too big and nothing in danger of being flooded, so let it go until the end of class. I did sneak a few other peeks, but each time, it was contained and some of it actually seeping away in a small crack in the floor.

Also during yoga I realized that the focus is never on anyone else during the class, execpt occasionally the instructor to check my position. The cracks on the feet of the person in front of me is just not a great focus.

This practice is helping with my mindfulness. I am moving between positions much more deliberately and slowly and yes and mindfully.

No comments: