Tuesday, March 8, 2011

She's back to the YMCA

We have a wonderful YMCA 3 miles away that was renovated a few years ago. I have a hot and cold relationship with health clubs. Last night R. Arrived home and said "I am going to rejoin the Y, do you want to?". I did not rejoin last night because he sprung it on me and did not give me a chance to think about it. Honestly, I could not find my gym bag and had already planned to do iPad yoga. This is so not my Myers Briggs style, but is honestly what I thought. Oh, and I was in the middle of watching "House" and BTW cried when he and Cuddy broke up last night. That comment as a tangent, is typical of my Myers Briggs style.

I don't know what got him to rejoin now. It could be watching our sister in law run 14 miles in the rain, sleet and snow in preparation for running a marathon in May. It could be seeing the shape she and my brother are in because they work out regularly. It could be a lecture from his primary care. It could be because I am trying to keep my mouth shut about him taking care of himself.

This morning I went over and joined, did the elliptical machine and some weights. I am returning this evening for a yoga class. I really love this health club for many reasons, and regret that I ever got out of the habit of going, and it really is a habit. I stopped before when the yoga teacher and class, I regularly attended, was cancelled. It also might have been the season was such I could walk outside. Whenever I drop exercise it is because the habit is broken, and breaking it is a bit easier than making the habit stick.

It was different today because I am not working. I did not have the pressure of getting to work, or crunching it into my evening routine. It was more relaxing for sure.

I will have to get into the routine of when yoga classes are, and when I will fit in weights etc. Mostly it is just great to be back, and to have R. going as well.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

jwoit said...

Welcome back to the Y. I was great to see you this morning. I, too, am upset about House and Cuddy. Didn't he just start with the "L" word last week and now she dumps him? What about standing by your man for better or worse?!