Thursday, March 24, 2011

Yes, BUT I am not getting paid for that

In a conversation with my brother M, I was aghast again at how differently someone reacted to how I reacted. In fact yesterday the number of times that happened to me was astronomical. He asked,"isn't that what you do for work, understand differences?". I replied, "Yes, but I am not getting paid for this."

It is so easy to coach and advise others on differences between themselves and others, often using Myers-Briggs. It is near impossible to do it for myself especially when I get emotionally involved, AKA hooked. This is especially apparent when I am in charge and being challenged by that person. Don't they see that I am in charge and have 51% of the vote. I don't like to pull the trump card but I will.

So, yes this is what I do for work, understand differences, and point them out. Thankfully there are people in my life who will do the same for me. And I laugh at myself for being human.

No comments: