Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Unique Signs - and the messages they send

We have a hardware store 1 mile away from our house down Woburn Street.  We always call it "the store at the end of the street".  On my way to the YMCA this morning this sign caught my eye.  I actually remembered to stop on my way back to take this picture.  I love this picture on many levels.
  • It is handmade.  
  • This is an independent store and we give them our business whenever we can, as opposed to a big box chain store.  
  • It catches your eye as you drive along, and it so simple.  
  • We need to take of each other, including the birds.  

This store has a few of these signs which are seasonal, and I just love the way it rests on the two ladders. This sign with the bright yellow bird is a harbinger of spring and given this winter we need many harbingers and reminders, and we need to support local businesses and take care of each other.  This personal sign is a reminder of that.

No comments: