Friday, May 8, 2009

Construction - all at the same time

One could question my sanity, however, I drive through 4 construction sites on my 10 minute drive to work. I don't do highways, don't need to. I guess this is obvious, but do all construction projects start up at exactly the same time in the spring? They all sat dormant over the winter. I just wonder how the staffing works? Do all the workers get laid off in November and rehired in May?

I would think that since these are the only 4 intersections that I go through to get to work, that after they are done (well after I move from this area probably), there should be zero going on in that stretch of road.

I am a pollyanna. One of them has been going on for 6 years, stalled for 3 of that. The end of our street has been under construction for over a year, the Trapelo Road for at least 3 years and the Totten Pond, Winter street is the 6 year one

Gotta love a short commute, and the business of construction.

1 comment:

Chris said...

There's no telling. The Winter Street Exit off 128 Southbound has been under continuous construction since we moved here in September 2000. That may just be its natural state.