Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dogs know what is going on

It is a mute point now, but when I was watching the Celtics and Bruins finals, of course I got excited. Poor Qammi thought I was angry with her. They don't understand words, so only go on the tone. I tried ranting to "Make that shot" or "What are you thinking?" in softer tones. That lasted for 10 seconds, after all this is a rant.

I was reading Jane Fonda's blog just now and she was talking about her dog knowing that something was up since she was packing stuff up to finish her Broadway show. I though a lot about the dogs in my life who give you that look like "Are you OK?" "What is up with you?" As recent as this morning on my walk Qammi gave me that look. I know the bikers must have thought I was crazy as I said "What, why are you looking at me like that?"

I think she wanted to turn around since she had done her business, and the next step was her kibble for breakfast. I have been increasing the length of my walks, and she pretends to be wounded on the away part of the walk, and hustles her buns on the return part of the walk. She is a great barometer for how I am feeling.

Who knows what she was thinking this morning? All I know is that dogs know what is going on and they love you unconditionally.

No comments: