Friday, May 1, 2009

So much for the sleep bank

Damn. I really tried to go to bed early last night, but how could I turn off the basketball game. I would have been upset to wake up this morning and heard what an exciting game it was, and not "been" there. Murg threatened to block any sports channels until we catch up on sleep.

At 10 pm, as my eye lids were becoming very heavy and the words on the page of the book I was reading starting floating, I almost turned it off BUT WAIT, 2 minutes to go and the Celtics had done some catching up since half time.

1 hour later, and lids even heavier and now I have adrenalin flowing through my body, the game ends with 1 point difference, 3 OTs and the Celtics lose. OMG.

My main problem in this sleep arena, is that I cannot sleep past 6am, 6:30am if I am lucky. I am a lark. I try to sleep, ask Murg to not have NPR start at 6am, but it does not work. Too much training of getting up early.

So tonight, I don't care if there is anything happening on the tube, I am not going to stay up for anything. No Ellsbury stealing home, no Jon Stewart, nothing. Most Fridays I try to stay up for Letterman, coz I don't have "school" the next day. Usually I fall asleep at 10am, wake at 11:35 for Letterman, and go to bed without seeing him.

OK, enough, my lids are still heavy, BUT I have work to do.

No comments: