Friday, May 15, 2009

Time Management and Folders a la Sally

I am on a kick to try to keep my inbox to one screen, so I don't have to page down. Because of this, I have created lots more folders. One of my folders is called READING, which is something I don't have time to do right now, but when I have discretionary time, I will read it. I laughed at myself just now, because I am NEVER going to get around to reading that article, but I don't want it to go away forever, on the off chance that I do get around to reading it. Believe it or not, this loose organization actually works for me.

Yesterday, I went to a file of URLs that I want to revisit, and actually looked through a couple. I found out that for the most part they are not relevant any more. This all leads me to believe that it is about letting things go. Why cannot I not just delete that article, or forget that URL? This is my safety net to know that I might be able to track it down through my URL file, or my READING folder.

I guess I could just have faith that if I really need to read it, the universe will send it my way again.

1 comment:

Chris said...

This doesn't support your "letting things go" thesis, but you might want to check out del.icio.us if you haven't already. Major sanity-saver for URLs you might want to revisit.