Saturday, January 24, 2009

93 to 89 is my transition

As we were driving up to Coniston today, I realized that this 3.5 hour drive is my transition. I love the drive. I leave stuff behind on the way up here, and pick it up on the way back.

Lots of people, when we tell them that the drive is 3.5 hours way, "Wow, that a long drive!" I have not yet felt it was a long drive. It still feels like I am on vacation when I am up here. I relax more, I read, I sit and watch the snow drift, or watch the clouds swirling around Mt. Mansfield and Camel's Hump. It is supposed to be -20 degrees tonight. Rod said we must be crazy to be looking forward to -20.

This is where I recharge, relax, read and get more prepared to face another work week. I am glad that we bought Coniston last year, because with the current financial climate we would not have even looked. Things happen for a reason.

We have committed to being at the Burlington VT UU Church on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month to facilitate a Small Group Ministry group. We have 3 members plus the 2 of us and hope that others will join.

On a positive note I have heard in the last few days about 2 people who have gotten jobs. This must mean that the economy is really all that bad. So there is hope . . .

No comments: