Monday, February 2, 2009

Frost Nixon thoughts

We attended the play Frost Nixon last night. Yes, we missed the Superbowl! and we did not cry one tear at all. We actually watched the last 1:07 minutes of the game. That was all we needed to watch. However, I digress . . .

When the Frost Nixon interview was going on; I was newly married the first time, and clueless about what was going on in the world.

On the way home from the play, I reflected a lot about what went on for me from 4th grade; 1963 through 1977. Kennedy was shot, Bobby was shot, MLK was shot, civil rights and women's rights, Vietnam War, Watergate, Woodstock, acid, drugs. In a very influential period of my life a lot happened. I wonder if I was numb at the time (1977), or just adjusting to my new life of being married? I also think that all people have lots happen for them during their influential teen and young adult years. My Mom lived through WWII and my kids have lived through 911 and Gulf Wars.

The play was excellent, and I want to see the movie now. I also want to read some Nixon biographies to find out what was going on for him at the time.

All in all the play was very good and caused me to think a lot about that era and where I was at the time.

No comments: