Thursday, February 19, 2009

Not Used to unresponsive people

So Intuit has really spoiled me. At this company, when you send out a request via email or telephone, you usually get a response. When people don't respond right away they apologize. The person who does not respond really stands out. Even people who do not know you reply quickly.

This behavior has trained me to not have to remember that I called someone or emailed them, because they reply.

I take that knowledge into my non-Intuit space and get really disappointed at lack of response. I have sent emails twice to people that I need to find out information from for the virtual work project that I am on at work. I attended a NEHRA workshop that they gave on virtual work. I emailed them 6 months ago and then last week. STILL NOTHING.

Knowing my Myers-Briggs I should be more "go with the flow", it is OK to drop the ball on things. Sometimes the task actually gets forgotten and goes away. My mantra is "wait long enough and people will change their mind on whether they need you to do that task".

So, I am still waiting and if this info was mission critical, I would figure out another way to get it. I am just disappointed and not used to unresponsive people.

No comments: