Friday, February 27, 2009

TGIF - But not really just glad that the "work" week is over

TGIF has such a bad connotation. I am really glad that at the end of today, I will have 2 days in front of me that will be filled with socializing and my hobbies. As I think about it I get to do that at work, so how is that different. No, I don't knit at work and it would look pretty crazy to set my sewing machine up in my office, and my meetings are not a church service or reconnection with my FPLEX community.

So the hobby I get to do at work is relate to people and help me and them solve issues that arise either through listening, brainstorming, nudging, observing and just being me.

J gave me a quote on Tuesday and is is now in my Quote of the day archive. It has helped me be a better listener in two tough meetings this week. That is a hobby of mine, to always be learning about myself and continuously improving. The engineers among you will debate whether this is a hobby or not, but THIS IS MY BLOG, so this is a hobby.

SO I don't say TGIF today, in the mundane definition and usage but rather, onto the weekend and a continuation of what I really like to do with my life.

No comments: