Thursday, February 26, 2009

Distracted again

In conversations with a colleague yesterday, we talked about reading business books. His point of view, is that when he had kids, he stopped reading business books. He met 2 weeks ago and in a co-interview with another manager the other manager asked "What business book have you read lately?"

A few years ago, after looking at my bookshelf, I said "NO MORE BOOKS"! I will get them from the library if I am going to read them. Yesterday we were talking about the 5 Dysfunctions of a Team

I read this book 3-4 years ago and it is getting some traction inside my company, so I figured I should go back and read it again to reacquaint myself with the content.

Then I thought about the book Distracted

I talked about this book in a prior blog. Recently I brought the button from that conference into the office and its sits on my computer desk, as a reminder to think about the concepts from the book. So I have read a business book lately, and I am going to reread the 5 dysfunctions as well.

It is important in this day of blogs and twitter and facebook, to do some old fashioned reading, and I do not mean kindle reading.

No comments: