Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Electronic presents

A few days ago I was thinking that more than the past years, there will be treasures that people share in various social media sites. It started this morning when I discovered that my sister and I posted similar youtubes of a musical group "Straight No Chaser". That is on my Facebook profile now.

I just read a colleagues blog and there is a wonderful joke and I am sure these will continue over the next few days. Social networking has grown so much in the last year and there has to be a limit to how much time we spend on those sites. Part of the reason I blog is for myself, so that I can go back a year and see what I was up to. Also, I store important urls here, in case I forget them. A few times, I have emailed a link to someone because of something in my blog.

Yesterday I got an emailed Christmas letter from my cousin which confirms my earlier post, that next year we are going electronic.

OK, off to finish a few things at work, head home and make some more Christmas . . .

I have kept over the years a hard copy of 12 letters responding to the gifts of the 12 days of Christmas. I think I could find that online and recycle my hard copy.

You can find almost anything online.

2 comments:

Rodney said...

You may call it a joke - I just consider it a nother good list of reasons why I don't play golf.

Always Asking Why said...

I think you missed the point of the joke honey.