Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sock knitting maniac

I love knitting socks, and this time of year is a great time for knitting socks. As I knit away at a pair today I remembered a particular year in college. I don't remember which year it was but 73 or 74. We were going back to Colorado for Christmas. The prior year our first Colorado cousin had gotten married and we were in Colorado for that, so the parents decided that we should come back for Christmas. That year I knit socks for everyone. I cannot remember how many pairs it was but it was possibly a dozen. They were easy to pack, fun to make and everyone would like them. My cousin Clay always reminds me that I make the best socks of anyone.

Last year, I knit Christmas stockings for my new nephew, his Mom and brother.

This year I find myself one again making LOTS of socks for Christmas.

At this time of year, it is a comfort to have needles in my hands, wool between my fingers and the magic of socks appearing off of the needles. Back to the knitting. I have a few orders for after Christmas as well. There can never be enough hand knit socks around.

No comments: