Monday, December 8, 2008

Honest - we were good parents


Saturday night, December 6th, 2008


"Wow, I love this picture of Bethany with the case of beer!"


Silence while Rod logs into Facebook . . .


"Oh, that picture, I thought you meant a recent picture."


I remember so clearly this photo. We were returning the empties (I think there are 3 boxes of empties, did we really drink that many?) to the store and our little jewel loved boxes, full or empty. She was always a ham in front of the camera and smiled in just the right way for this one.


I can see that there might be some misunderstanding from some about this picture. Ask Rod some time about pouring beer all over his stepson shortly after we were married.


It is currently her facebook profile picture.

2 comments:

Rodney said...

OK this needs a little explanation.

First of all I don't think we have ever drank a single case. of beer ina whole year, so I suspect that this photo was taken after some sort of party at our house during which we had a few empties left behind by guests.

Secondly - yes I did pour beer over Crick, but I should add that I thought it was plugged with ice after having been left in the freezer for a quick cooling. It was not and my attempt at a practical joke turned out differeent than I expected as I saw the plug dislodge as the bottle emptied out over his head with all of Sally's friends watching, especially since I was the new guy and barely new any of them.

Always Asking Why said...

So this is evidence that you indeed do read my blog