Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Taking things for Granted

While talking to several employees who have been without power for 5 days now, I quickly started counting my blessings. Somehow the problems with our toilet at Coniston seems less drastic; it flushes. The wind that I wrote about last, was incredible but we did not lose power. And if we do lose power, we have a wood stove which can heat the house and I guess we could cook on the wood stove.

Again, Intuit is a fabulous company. I am running a meeting at 2:30 today to brainstorm how we can help those employees who don't have power. I am offering showers and laundry and a hot dish brought to your house. People are going to lend generators and get batteries, or large quantities of water in containers to use for flushing. There is no doubt but all of us would offer these things. Mountain View is getting involved as well, by publishing on the corporate intranet that employees can donate with matching funds to the Red Cross.

Yes, at this time of year, I am counting my blessings and reaching out when I can to help others. This after all is the message that Jesus taught us all.

1 comment:

Alison said...

It's very good of you, Sally. We only lost power for 10 hours, but we had friends and family whose power was out for days.