Thursday, December 11, 2008

Yoga only lasted for my body not my mind this morning

OK, so I go to yoga at 7:20am in the morning on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I usually leave pretty relaxed and focused on the day. Today the mind part did not last long. Last week we sent out an email to the office describing the inclement weather policy. We did it proactively to avoid any confusion. Bottom line "You are a manager. Unless the state closes, we are open, and use your judgement with your employees." An ice storm is due so one manager emailed last night wondering when we close. DID YOU NOT READ THE EMAIL? I was talking about this with the site manager on my way to work, and a moron in back of me starts flashing his lights at me. I cannot see an obvious reason other than the fact that I am driving a flashy Mini cooper with a union jack on top. My first meeting was one with a lot of excitement about a press visit tomorrow.

So, my body is still relaxed and focused but my mind had a few ups and downs prior to 9:30am.

It was still a worthwhile yoga class. I am working on having muscle memory so that these classes help calm my mind, stretch my body and in general help me with the ups and downs I might unexpectedly face.

OH, and for the jerk who was flashing his lights at me a few bits of advice:
  1. You actually cannot occupy the same space as my cute little mini
  2. There is only one lane ahead so I don't know where you want me to move
  3. If you are trying to send me a message other than the top 2, try another way to send me a message
  4. Merry Christmas

No comments: