Thursday, December 11, 2008

Milestone achieved

So yesterday was Crick's birthday and he asked his girlfriend of 5 years to marry him and she said YES. It seems like the perfect timing for them. I have felt since I met Meg and saw them together for the first time, that they are perfect for each other and belong together. She beats him at video games, loves playing games as much as he does and they often launch into dialogue from a movie. I am usually clueless about the movie since I don't remember details, but they have their own private laugh about the movie dialogue and I love it. They share a lot of the same values and want the same kind of important things in life. Needless to say, as a parent I could not be happier. One can only hope for your child to be happy in their marriage and to marry someone who you know makes them happy.

This is the first engagement in the Russell/Swartzbaugh family of the next generation of cousins.

I love all of the reactions from my siblings but the best is from my sister. "Another girl, Sal"

2 comments:

MiriamL said...

Sally this is so great. I could not be happier for you all.
There are so many things that your family helps to pioneer for the rest of us, and here is one more.
Will they be a newly married couple at Star?

Always Asking Why said...

Miriam, thanks for your wonderful thoughts. I am not sure about Star this year for them. We spent this weekend at Coniston with them and Bethany. It was pretty perfect and very windy.