Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fairly common rant - I am sure

OK, so 3 months ago, all the media could talk about was the price of gas, but now all they can talk about is the economic crisis. These are both very short term news trails, but occupied gobs of time on the TV. OH, sorry they had the Hilary Obama show to report on for a long time, and then the Sarah Palin show and the "Will we ever elect a black president?" show. Honestly, if they don't have something to report on, they make up something.

So, as I get more depressed about the Dow Jones I have to remind myself, they have to report on something. I guess the best strategy is to not listen to the news, and to keep the long term in mind if you do listen to the news too much and get depressed.

I always wonder why we cannot report on good things happening. Don't we as human beings love a happy ending? I do.

So, for sanity purposes, less news, more happy stories and don't let the turkeys get you down.

No comments: