Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Malls - the Antithesis of Christmas and Holidays

OMG, unfortunately due to a series of decisions, I spent 3 hours in traffic yesterday. I had a work lunch at the Burlington Mall, and tried to run an errand 1.5 miles away from the mall before the lunch. I was 35 minutes late for the lunch. FIRST HOUR IN TRAFFIC. I thought I would be very clever and run one errand at the mall, my Christmas PJs, and then got in my car to leave. The police man would not let me leave to the left, so I literally circled the mall and left at the other end. Traffic was so bad that it even was backed up in Lexington, 3 miles from the Mall. I was on work phone calls for part of the 3 hours, which was a good use of the time.

OK, so I am going to stay in the Christmas spirit this year. When I got home Bee was making dinner. I love her. She always knows when to pitch in. That freed me up to make Lemon Poppy seed bread, which is my traditional gift to people at work and at home. I also was able to paint the star decorations and start a bracelet which has a due date of Christmas Eve. So the last 3 hours of the day were the best part of the day.

I don't go to the Mall outside of the holidays and I darn well try to stay away during the holidays. Who thought it was a good idea to have a work lunch at the mall on the 22nd of December? Never again.

Ho, Ho, Ho . . .

No comments: